Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Here we are, as in olden days

I find myself back to my old haunts in Houston. Mainly the Barnes and Noble(s)/Starbucks with its free WiFi and cheap coffee. But it feels so wonderful to be back home with old friends like Hayley, and a car. You forget how wonderful the freedom to hop in an automobile that isn't being driven by a strange man who is pretending not to know where you want to go, and drive wherever you want to be is. So far since I've been home I've gotten some much needed reading done, spent a day on the town with Aaron Umsted and Hayley McElhinney, submerged myself deep in the trenches of P90X (I have to admit, I give up a little early on the yoga. One can only hold twisted chair stance for so long), and helped the madre out with some household chores. It's a much needed break from my previous lifestyle. And I found out today that my health is acceptable to the Disney company, so I'm officially completely hired and cleared for the boat. It's one month from today that I get shipped off to Canada. Now I try to distract myself with some new hobbies and bide my time in Houston until February 13th. Tomorrow night I head downtown to see Aaron in his traveling show and hopefully by the end of the week I'll have another best picture nominee under my belt. Love to all, talk to you soon.

Paul

3 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful. Miss you up here, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy home. And give Aaron a squeeze for me after his "travelin' show." :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you Paul!! I can't believe you are so close, and I haven't see you, SAD FACE :( I should come home so we can catch up. OR, take a small vay-kay to san antonio. You know you want to!

    ReplyDelete